dsmadmc error: - Message index not found for message - during DRM restore

rico

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hello,

I tried to go through a complete disaster recovery scenario and ran into some problems with dsmadmc during restoring the server.

I'm running Windows 2000 server and TSM 5.3. I did a full database backup, as well as a backup of my primary storage pool.

I executed the script: RECPLAN.RECOVERY.SCRIPT.DISASTER.RECOVERY.MODE.CMD and it gets through the first part that restores the database and starts the server. However when it reaches the part where it actually uses the dsmadmc command it fails with the message:

<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font class="pn-sub">Code:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT class="pn-sub"><PRE>

ANS0106E Message index not found for message 18053.

ANS8017E Command line parameter 3: 'ITEMCOMMIT' is not valid.

ANS0106E Message index not found for message 18007.

ANS0106E Message index not found for message 18008.

</PRE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

The version of the prepare-script would look for the dsmadmc.exe in the directory C:\Program Files\Tivoli\TSM\baclient. However there is only the dsm.opt file in this dir.

I had quite some problems, getting dsmadmc to run at all:

I found the dsmadmc.exe in the C:\Program Files\Tivoli\TSM\server\tsmdiag dir and copied it into the C:\Program Files\Tivoli\TSM\console directory, because here was the file tsmutil1.dll that dsmadmc.exe needs.

Finally I was able to run dsmadmc and connect to the server, but even the command "query status" would print some of the error messages before the output:

<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font class="pn-sub">Code:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT class="pn-sub"><PRE>ANS0106E Message index not found for message 18003.

ANS0106E Message index not found for message 18004.

ANS0106E Message index not found for message 18006.

</PRE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

The admin guide says the dsmadmc.exe should be in the directory C:\Program Files\Tivoli\TSM\saclient. This dir doesn't exits, maybe a typo?

BTW: dsmadmc on my Linux clients can connect and execute commands without problems.

Does anybody have an idea what might be wrong here?

Thanks in advance,

Rico.

I would review the Windows code - README files. It definitely sounds like a poor installation or missing PATH statements. Especially of the Linux/UNX flavors are working correctly. Your scripts in the windows environment should be C:|D: Program Files\tsm\baclient - same defaults for server.

Back