1. Forum Rules (PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ BEFORE POSTING) Click the link to access ADSM.ORG Acceptable Use Policy and forum rules which should be observed when using this website. Violators may be banned from this website. This message will disappear after you have made at least 12 posts. Thank you for your cooperation.

dsmadmc and dsmc command line is getting hung

Discussion in 'Command Line Administrator Client' started by aixtsmsan, Sep 13, 2011.

1. aixtsmsan

aixtsmsan New Member

Hi,

I am having a problem wheneve I tried to login to TSM server using dsmadmc on the server. It is taking long time for prompting password. Even after loging in. what ever commands i enter it is taking long time to display the outputs of the commands. The same problem I get when I try to connect to the server using TSM client with dsmc command line. However I do not find any issue when I connect through TSM Web Interface or dsmadmc on other workstation.

TSM server version : 5.5.4.1

Please help me if anyone has got similar problem.

3. Hema

Hema Member

TSM Backup Consultant
    Check the cpu utilisation, also the thread which is causing the delay (truss dsmadmc in aix)

4. aixtsmsan

aixtsmsan New Member

CPU, Memory and Virtual Memory everything is normal. I had raised a call with IBM AIX Support team. They had updated everything is normal.

I had to reboot to clear the problem. I did not try truss dsmadmc. However if the problem comes again. I will definately try the command.

Thanks Hema