DSC3700 - Create logical disk using smcli

nenifled

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Hello
I am trying to make a logical disk on my DCS3700:

smcli 10.4.21.168 -c "create logicaldrive diskPool=\"DDP_01\" userLabel=\"3\" capacity="1TB" thinProvisioned=FALSE mapping=none T10PI=none cacheReadPrefetch=TRUE ;"

It is working fine - the disk is created :)

But it is different from the disk I get, if I make it from the GUI:

When I create a disk from the GUI I have this: Maximum future segment size: Not applicable

When I create the disk with the command I have this: Maximum future segment size: 128 KB

I would like to make a disk from the commandline with "Not applicable" - but I dont see any flags on the command that could help me change "segment size"?

Hmm I just found out that it is not possible to change the segment size in disk pools:

Segment Size and Performance
A default segment size is set during logical drive creation, based on the array RAID level and the logical drive input/output (I/O) characteristics that you specify. These two parameters should optimize the segment size appropriately for your environment. When you create the logical drive, you also are given the option of selecting a custom segment size rather than accepting the default segment size.
NOTE
This does not apply to disk pools. You cannot change the segment size of logical drives in a disk pool.

So "Maximum future segment size" can not be changed.

Back