DS8300 LUN modification and perf

adsm04

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
PREDATAR Control23

Hi we are using IBM DS8300 and have assigned luns to AIX host. The luns are assigned to a VG in striping mode. Can i increase the size of existing 50GB luns to 100GB? If so how?
2)Also how to check the performance of extent pools, pls share if any doc avbl for performance monitoring on DS8300. TIA

PREDATAR Control23

If you are running code 5.3.xx.xx or higher its possible to expand a lun with de dscli chfbvol command.
For performance you can use TPC or gather the output of dscli showextpool -metrics command.

PREDATAR Control23

Hi Tmasteen...
this is what i found
The chfbvol command changes the name or data type of a fixed block volume.
could u pls give more info for changing the lun size....like a command format and options avbl pls. TIA

PREDATAR Control23

For performance, as mentioned, you can use TPC (Tivoli Productivity Center) for disk. You will need to license the software, based on the TB in your DS8000. From there, you start a "performance monitoring" process that will poke the DS8000 each x mins for performance Data...

If you want to only perf your AIX host for example, you could try something along the lines of IOZONE, IOMETER or even Bonnie that will allow you to "benchmark" your filesystem directly on you host. Personnally, i like IOZONE...but there are others...