DRM TSM

swkm

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hello,

A customer of my company has deleted his TSM DB and Log files from his server (windows2000).

His TSM DBbackup (on disk) was corrupt. So whe cann't recover the database.

So the only way is to re-install his TSM environment, but is there a procedure to get his data from the tapes (he has primaire and offsite tapes).

Regards,

Steven

Rectify me if I am wromg guys

you should be able to recover form them, hope you have your "Devconf , volhistry, dsmserv.dsk" files...

install the new environement, take to allowed sufisant space to your DB and Log file that it can endorese the old tsm DB.

make sur there is communication between you primary library and the new tsm server,

if so,

stop your new TSM server,

make sur the "Devconf , volhistry, dsmserv.dsk" are in the same path that it was before the crash.

and now do "DSMSERV RESTORE DB DBVol=volume_name"

hace a look here DB restore

hope it s help :rolleyes:

Thanks for the reply.

I have all the files (Devconf , volhistry, dsmserv.dsk) but I don't have any TSM DB backup, not on disk and not on tape. So I cann't execute your command.

Regards

Steven

Hi,

sorry I have to say that - you are lost. Without the DB or DB backup you cannot do anything. You cannot just read tapes and build the DB again from them. It is designed that way (IBM says it is a security feature ...)

Only data you can restore are

a) backupsets - can be restored using client software only

b) exported tapes - have to import them into the new server

look into volume history file if you have any of these

Sorry

Harry

P.S. maybe someone can read the tape as a stream and then reconstruct some data blocks, but if it is possible it is going to be expensive, time consuming and I do not believe in 100% success

P.P.S. if the customer has all offsite tapes ... does he/she sent off the data tapes only? no DB?

Ooops :-o

Harry is right, if you don't have any Db Backup.... you can t retriew it

sorry

Back