DRM & Multiple Copy Pools

DanGiles

ADSM.ORG Senior Member
Reaction score
I want to use 2 sets of offsite copy pools, and keep these sets separate. Here is what I plan to do:

1. Run "backup stgpool" to the first set of copy pools
2. Run 'dbsnap'
3. Set the DRM parameters (e.g. drmplanprefix, drmvaultname, drmcopystgpool,...)
4. Run 'move drm wherestate=mountable...' on this set of copy pools with source=dbsnap
5. Run prepare with source=dbsnap
6. Repeat 1-5 using the 2nd set of copy pools, changing the DRM parameters for a new location & this set of copy pools.
(I'd then run backup database with type=full to keep onsite)

So, the volhistory should maintain the separate volume locations.

My question: if I set the DRM parameters to point to the first set of copy pools and run 'query drm wherestate=vaultretieve source=dbsnap', will it only pick up the database volumes at site 1?

Anyone doing this? (I suspect so!) Any caveats I should be aware of?

Denke, merci, thanks!

I've created two separate copy pools.

Code:
define stgpool CopyPool1 LTOCLASS3 PoolType=Copy Description="Copy 1 of Primary Pools." reclaim=100 reclaimprocess=1 maxscratch=100000 reusedelay=10

define stgpool CopyPool2 LTOCLASS3 PoolType=Copy Description="Copy 2 of Primary Pools." reclaim=100 reclaimprocess=1 maxscratch=100000 reusedelay=10
As for DRM, I have two separate scripts. My checkout_drm_tapes is below.

Code:
/* ---------------------------------------------------- */
/* Script Name: CHECKOUT_DRM_TAPES                      */
/* Description: CHeckout DRM tapes that conform to our  */
/*              needs, mainly DBBackups and Copypool1.  */
/* Parms: NONE                                          */
/* ---------------------------------------------------- */
move drmedia * wherestate=mountable tostate=vault copystg=COPYPOOL1 remove=bulk source=dbbackup
I have a similar script for COPYPOOL2 but without the DBBACKUP for source. I always make sure I work on COPYPOOL1 first and then COPYPOOL2. I've had no problems so far. If I need to bring tapes back onsite, I do a manual update of the volume after checking it back into the Librarian.

When I encounter that problem, I usually use dbsnapshot for one location and dbbackups for the other one.

It's more a workaround than a solution but it works :)

But I never used DRM for that

Back