DRM files - How long to keep?

tjcooper

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
We have a 6 month retention policy. The C Drive on my TSM server is low on space. The original administrator had a horribl habit of making very small C drives despite the ample storage available on todays drives (yes, its frustrating).

I am looking for space to recover and noticed we have a DRMFiles folder with DRM files going back 8 years. From what I have read, each days file is all that is needed to recover to that day's state.

Is my understanding correct or do they build off eachother similiar to an incremental backup?

Re SET DRMRPFEXPIREDAYS - this only works for dr plan files stored on a remote server using server 2 server comms, this does not apply to storing the plans locally on the server, you need to use a script to do this automatically or delete them manually.

Tjcooper you can safely delete old DR plan files. A "safe" number is anything >= the number of days you keep your database backups, but you could add 2 weeks or to this to be extra cautious if you want. So if you keep tsm db backups for 2 weeks, delete dr plans older than 4 weeks.

DRM files - How long to keep? Reply to Thread

Hi Mikeymac

I can have the vbscript to manage drm plan files? Thanks in adavance

Back