DRM Admin Accounts

israndyc

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Website
http
PREDATAR Control23

During a disaster recovery do all clients and admin accounts get recreated on the new server?

PREDATAR Control23

disaster recovery for a tsm server? if yes, all accounts and clients (nodes/schedules ...) will recovered with a restore of you tsm database

PREDATAR Control23

What do you mean if yes?

I am using 5.5.0.3 and the DRM

PREDATAR Control23

Yes I am testing the DR of our TSM server, and during the execution of the script it does not seem to create the admins or the clients, I currently am taking the plan file to a new similar server and executing there.

PREDATAR Control23

ok ok, the plan file doesn't contain the informations about clients and admins - there you need to restore the tsm db!

PREDATAR Control23

I restored the database from the plan file but i still don't seem to have the clients or the admins. am i missing a step to start the server maybe then to see the mclients I am not sure any help would be greatly appreciated.

By the way this is a windows 2003 platform

PREDATAR Control23

As toxy already stated, you need to restore the db. If you need help with that let us know. The plan file only contains certain files you'll need in addition to restoring the db.

PREDATAR Control23

so by running the RECOVERY.SCRIPT.DISASTER.RECOVERY.MODE.CMD script that does not restore the database....

Any help with commands would be appreciated

By the way thanks for all your help already

PREDATAR Control23

All metadata is in the database. You don't need an account to restore the database - just privileged access to the server and the binary and the data. Just like you don't need an account to log in at the console. Once the database is restored, so are the accounts.