1. Forum Rules (PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ BEFORE POSTING) Click the link to access ADSM.ORG Acceptable Use Policy and forum rules which should be observed when using this website. Violators may be banned from this website. This message will disappear after you have made at least 12 posts. Thank you for your cooperation.

DR Test on AIX V6 fails restoring TSM DB

Discussion in 'BCP / DRP' started by sheenp, May 3, 2011.

  1. sheenp

    sheenp New Member

    Joined:
    Mar 30, 2011
    Messages:
    3
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hi, we're having one of our regular DR tests BUT for the first time it's V6.2.1 and I'm having trouble with the dsmserv restore db. We've got support happening from IBM but I wanted to see if anyone else had experienced similar problems or has some ideas to offer.

    Environment: AIX 6.1, TSM Server 6.2.1 restoring offsite
    Command: dsmserv -i /home/tsminst1/tsminst1 restore db todate=mm/dd/yyyy totime=hh:mm:ss source=dbs
    The result:
    ANR2969E Database restore terminated. DB2 sqlcode: -2033. DB2 sqlerrmc: -53.

    Tracing shows: commtcp.cpp GetHostnameOrNumber(): gethostbyname(): errno = 78.

    We have no DNS at this stage but /etc/hosts is active and appears to be working.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm surrounded by people needing the TSM server and we're expecting a horde of users in a few days.

    Thanks,
    Pat
     
  2.  
  3. gimlet

    gimlet New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 25, 2008
    Messages:
    154
    Likes Received:
    4
    Occupation:
    Infrastructure Monkey
    Location:
    St. Louis, Missouri
  4. sheenp

    sheenp New Member

    Joined:
    Mar 30, 2011
    Messages:
    3
    Likes Received:
    0
    The problem was fixed with the help of Tivoli Support. Our API was at 5.5.1 with the server at 6.2.1 we upgraded that and also used the loopback ip address 127.0.0.1. I believe both helped. The hard coded address may have been required because we didn't have a DNS as yet (waiting on TSM to recover). We hadn't seen any documentation stating the api was required to be at this level but support wouldn't help us with them at different levels. Also following this another issue raised it's head with us being unable to restore an image on the TSM server with the BA client on the server being at the 5.5 level. An upgrade of that fixed it. Bottom line I guess that on the TSM server at least have the levels of the server, client and api the same.
     

Share This Page