DR recovery of TSM 6.2.3 server using virtaul volumes?

neil.sharp@realsolutionsu

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Hello

Is there anybody can help with this problem?

I have a TSM environment that consists of 2 * 6.2.3 TSM servers located on separate sites. Both servers are running AIX 5.3

Site A is Production and Site B is DR.

TSM server A at the Production site uses enterprise configuration to backup client data, TSM DB backups, devconfig, volhist and DRM Prepare output to the DR TSM server at Site B. These are held remotely as virtual volumes.

This configuration was established when the TSM server levels where at 5.5. At this level we successfully ran DR tests to recover the Site A Production TSM server to the Site B DR environment.

We have recently upgraded both of these servers to v6.2.3. I have tried to run a DR test to try and recover the Site A Production TSM server to Site B from the virtual volumes that are located in the Site B DR TSM server, but I am struggling to understand the process required in order to achieve this.

In essence, what I am trying to prove is that if the Site A Production environment is unavailable, then how do I recover Site A TSM Server back to Site B DR environment from the virtual volumes under TSM v6.2.3?

I have reviewed the following reference books but none give instructions for this type of environment:-

• TSM DR Strategies (SG24-6844) – Chapter 7.3.3
• Redbook – TSM 6 technical guide (SG24 – 7718) – Chapter 6
• TSM 6.2 Admin guide – Chapter 26

Has anybody got a similar environment that they have successfully managed to recover? If so would you mind sharing your experiences with me?

Any help would be appreciated

Back