DR - Primary Pools as DESTROYED?

GregE

ADSM.ORG Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I think the answer to this first question is NO, but I want to be sure.

In my upcoming DR test, we're restoring data but not resuming regular backups at the DR site. So I won't need to rebuild my primary storage pools. In my DRM recovery planfile, is there any reason to include the setting of the primary volumes to "destroyed?"

upd vol * acc=DESTROYED wherestg=PRIMARY_TAPE_POOL

For TSM to use copypool vols for restore, does it need to have the primary vols set to "destroyed" or does it simply not find them and go to the copypools as the known alternate?

Not a big deal to leave it in the planfile, but writing up documentation for the DR test I just want to make sure the procedure is correctly detailed.

I think the answer to this first question is NO, but I want to be sure.

In my upcoming DR test, we're restoring data but not resuming regular backups at the DR site. So I won't need to rebuild my primary storage pools. In my DRM recovery planfile, is there any reason to include the setting of the primary volumes to "destroyed?"

upd vol * acc=DESTROYED wherestg=PRIMARY_TAPE_POOL

For TSM to use copypool vols for restore, does it need to have the primary vols set to "destroyed" or does it simply not find them and go to the copypools as the known alternate?

Not a big deal to leave it in the planfile, but writing up documentation for the DR test I just want to make sure the procedure is correctly detailed.

You'll want to make them destroyed or unavailable, otherwise TSM will attempt to mount them and will mark them unavailable on it's own when it can't find them.

Ok thanks, I didn't think about the mounting attempts.

Last edited:
Back