DR in windows environment

ramohi

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hi friends,

Can some one please provide a write up or link on " how to do DR in Windows environment"

The TSM server is running on Windows 2003.

Thanks
Ram

Hi Yves,

Thanks a lot, But I am looking for a documentation on TSM Server restore in Winodws 2003
envinronment.

If you can find that please,

regards

Sorry Friends,

I think I made a mistake with my question. I want to restore the TSM DB on a windows 2003 server.

Kind of a DR scene... cause we are running TSM server on windows 2003.

I hope I am clear.

I still do appreciate for all the answers from you.

The new server must be able to locate the DBB/DBS volume:
- place dsmserv.opt, volume history and device configuration file in the new location.

You need to create the new database volumes (with at least the size the DB was) so the DBS can be loaded:
- dsmfmt –m –db /whitedb/tsmdb01.dsm 25000 /whitedb/tsmdb02.dsm 25000 /whitedb/tsmdb03.dsm 25000
- dsmfmt –m –log /whitelg/tsmlog01.dsm 6000 /whitelg/tsmlog02.dsm 6000

Now format the db and reclog for the restore:
- dsmserv loadformat 2 /whitelg/tsmlog01.dsm /whitelog/tsmlog02.dsm 3 /whitedb/tsm01.dsm /whitedb/tsm02.dsm /whitedb/tsm03.dsm

Now restore the database using a point in time restore (you can issue a preview=yes to display a list of DBB volumes):
- dsmserv restore db todate=today totime=now source=dbs

If you’ve restored into a newer version of TSM you’ll need to upgrade the database:
- dsmserv upgradedb

Now you can start TSM and configure it to your needs. You will need to create the diskpools, filepools, etc.

In addition you could check the Admin Guide:
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoc...f_windows561.htm#dqx2r_cmd_dsmserv_restore_db

Back