DP for Vmware -domain.vmfull=VMfolder

rpena

Active Newcomer
Reaction score
Hi,

How can I schedule and backup Vcenter folders?.

We have:

ISP 8.1.6
ISP DP for Vmware 8.1.8 , some proxies and data movers

If I define a schedule like this:

define schedule domain schedule_name schedstyle=enhanced dayofweek=sun,mon,tue,wed,thu,fri options='-vmfulltype=vstor -vmbackuptype=fullvm -asnodename=proxy_name -domain.vmfull="VMfolder=folder_name" -MODE=IFIncremental'

define association domain schedule_name data_mover_name

I get this errors on dsmsched log:

11/29/2019 14:13:22 ANS1389W Invalid option (-VMFULLTYPE) for the scheduled INCREMENTAL command
11/29/2019 14:13:22 ANS1389W Invalid option (-VMBACKUPTYPE) for the scheduled INCREMENTAL command
11/29/2019 14:13:22 ANS1389W Invalid option (-DOMAIN.VMFULL) for the scheduled INCREMENTAL command
11/29/2019 14:13:22 ANS1389W Invalid option (-MODE) for the scheduled INCREMENTAL command

Also, on the GUI of DP for vmware, I cant see vmware folders. Are folder backups scheduled other way?, If I backup a folder, when I restore it can you select individual virtual machines?.

I believe you need action=backup, the default is action=incremental and that's what's attempted as per the error.

I believe you need action=backup, the default is action=incremental and that's what's attempted as per the error.

Should I also include subaction=vm?, would this also do the "incremental forever" of the options string?

Thanks @marclant it worked.

How could I get a report of the VM's being backed up that are now inside of a folder? Is there a query or select that you know of?

Back