Domino mail server Transaction Logging

tasmacher

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
We plan to secure our Domino mail server now via Transaction Logging. We have built up a test system with Lotus Notes 9, TSM Client 7.1.1 and the TDP for Mail Client 7.1.0. The operating system is Windows Server 2012 R2. The TDP client is installed according to instructions and running. Just as the TSM client. Scheduler service is set up. A node on the TSM server (6.3.2.) Is also defined. Our Lotus Notes admins now have the Transaction logging is enabled and there are .TXN files on a drive (H:\) created in a directory. My question now is: How to secure these log files? In the ordinary way to secure the TSM client? Unfortunately I have found no documentation on this topic. In general, I find only documentation from IBM that are very general.
For a link to a further documentation or a tip on how the backup is done, I would be very happy.

Thanks for your fast reply.
The provided link is a good description. I still miss the information, how to automate the archiving of the TXN files.

I think I've found the way:
For automatic backup domarc.cmd the file is needed. This is generated from the domarc.smp file and executed by TSM server scheduler.

The sample scripts should be included with the install, there is usually a DB backup and txn log backup script inlcuded.
You just slightly modify them to suit.

Back