• Please help support our sponsors by considering their products and services.
    Our sponsors enable us to serve you with this high-speed Internet connection and fast webservers you are currently using at ADSM.ORG.
    They support this free flow of information and knowledge exchange service at no cost to you.

Please welcome our latest sponsor Tectrade . We can show our appreciation by learning more about Tectrade Solutions
  • Community Tip: Please Give Thanks to Those Sharing Their Knowledge.

If you receive helpful answer on this forum, please show thanks to the poster by clicking "LIKE" link for the answer that you found helpful.

• Community Tip: Forum Rules (PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ BEFORE POSTING)

Click the link above to access ADSM.ORG Acceptable Use Policy and forum rules which should be observed when using this website. Violators may be banned from this website. This notice will disappear after you have made at least 3 posts.

Domino mail server Transaction Logging

tasmacher

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
We plan to secure our Domino mail server now via Transaction Logging. We have built up a test system with Lotus Notes 9, TSM Client 7.1.1 and the TDP for Mail Client 7.1.0. The operating system is Windows Server 2012 R2. The TDP client is installed according to instructions and running. Just as the TSM client. Scheduler service is set up. A node on the TSM server (6.3.2.) Is also defined. Our Lotus Notes admins now have the Transaction logging is enabled and there are .TXN files on a drive (H:\) created in a directory. My question now is: How to secure these log files? In the ordinary way to secure the TSM client? Unfortunately I have found no documentation on this topic. In general, I find only documentation from IBM that are very general.
For a link to a further documentation or a tip on how the backup is done, I would be very happy.

tasmacher

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your fast reply.
The provided link is a good description. I still miss the information, how to automate the archiving of the TXN files.

tasmacher

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
I think I've found the way:
For automatic backup domarc.cmd the file is needed. This is generated from the domarc.smp file and executed by TSM server scheduler.

tsm_dude

ADSM.ORG Senior Member
Reaction score
The sample scripts should be included with the install, there is usually a DB backup and txn log backup script inlcuded.
You just slightly modify them to suit.

Advertise at ADSM.ORG

If you are reading this, so are your potential customer. Advertise at ADSM.ORG right now.

UpCloud high performance VPS at $5/month

Get started with $25 in credits on Cloud Servers. You must use link below to receive the credit. Use the promo to get upto 5 month of FREE Linux VPS.

The Spectrum Protect TLA (Three-Letter Acronym): ISP or something else?

• Every product needs a TLA, Let's call it ISP (IBM Spectrum Protect).

Votes: 20 18.9%
  • Keep using TSM for Spectrum Protect.

Votes: 64 60.4%
  • Let's be formal and just say Spectrum Protect

Votes: 13 12.3%
  • Other (please comement)

Votes: 9 8.5%

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
london