Does TSM support Non NDMP differential Backups?

NehaK

Active Newcomer
Reaction score
Hello Experts,

I need to take a differntial backup of a dataset to a VTL. When i click on dsm.exe, in the GUI, i can see options like Always backup and incremental backup,etc. There is no option of Differential backup in that.
How can i take a differntail backup of data? TSM version is 7.1.4.
When i used NAS node then i use the command - "backup node <nodename> </backupapth> mode=DIFFerential"
This commands works, but only for NDMP scenario. I need to to folow a NON NDMP portocol for transferring the data and take a differntial backup of the same.
Need help ASAP. Kindly advice.

Thanks in advance.

Differential backup is not a TSM methodology from a BA perspective. It uses incremental forever method which I find more effective than differential backup.

NMDP backup has differential backup due to the nature of the beast which I find very tedious to manage. This is why I stopped using NMDP - clumsy, slow and requires a lot of attention.

Differential backup is not a TSM methodology from a BA perspective. It uses incremental forever method which I find more effective than differential backup.

NMDP backup has differential backup due to the nature of the beast which I find very tedious to manage. This is why I stopped using NMDP - clumsy, slow and requires a lot of attention.

Thank You for your inputs. You cleared my confusion. :)

Cheers!!

Back