DocAve / TSM for Sharepoint configuration question(s)

Paradox667

Active Newcomer
Reaction score
Hi all,

I've started investigating a problem with our sharepoint environment backups currently where the DocAve software is using a single TSM node to backup across multiple DocAve agents.

As the backup plans start, sessions are triggered on the server, the next plan starts and the previous session stops a new session for each is generated.

This happens until the backup plan is complete, I'm thinking that because of this it's not only slow, but also impacting the ability to prune the TSM DB.

So what I would like to know:
1. Is it normal in a docave environment to have a single TSM device (node) configured for multiple agents?
Eg. AgentA, AgentB, AgentC connect to TSM from a single docave cluser using TSM nodename: avepoint
2. If I create a new node for each agent and correct the plans in docave - will I see an improvement in speed and retention?
3. Our environment uses our default mgmtclass (VE:7, VD:1, RE:31, RETO:90) rather than the docave preferred setting and I want to correct this, any idea on what impact this will have on the existing data to go to VE1, VD:0, RE:0, RETO:0 ?

Lastly: would this scenario likely cause excessive DB growth in a TSM 5.5.4 environment? I ask this as my DB grows approx 5gb every few days and the server itself is only for devtest + avepoint (not doing that much work from other nodes) ?

Thoughts help?

As always appreciate any input :)

Back