DLO Users

Diane

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Netbackup Enterprise Users,

I know this listserv is for NB Enterprise users, but I was wondering if there are Netbackup Desktop and Laptop Option (DLO) users out there who are backing up PCs with DLO. We are current using the legacy Netbackup Professional to backup appx 8,000 Windows XP systems within our central LAN environment. We are now looking at DLO as a replacemnet solution as we move to Windows Vista. I wanted to see if there were DLO users out there that would be willing to chat about there experience and DLO infrastructure setup. If you are willing to talk, please reply back and we can talk offline. Thank you in advance for any input you can provide.

Great. Thanks. How many users to you have? I have lots of questions if you have a large amount of users.

Hi Diana,
I already implemented environments some hundreds of notebooks I never implemented to desktops. advantages of DLO under NetBackup is that the backup are made in disk and you can implement a lot of rules to exclude files like mp3, avi, and so on. and the desktop or notebook user can make restores more easily.

Thanks. If you email me at [email protected] I will send you a list of questions. We are evaluating it and have about 8,000 users.
Thanks so much.

Back