Disk base backup config

Bharanij

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
PREDATAR Control23

hi bros,

i have configure TSM with tape library now i want to configure disk base backup details below

i have 100gb disk on windows server 2012 r2 server i want to take backup from client which is have less then 10gb daily with three week backup retention policy

i have read some website and i did below setup is that right or wrong

TSMSERVER> define stgpool diskstgpool disk

ANR2200I Storage pool DISKSTGPOOL defined (device class DISK).

TSMSERVER> q stgpool

Storage Pool Name Device Class Name Storage Type Estimated Capacity Pct Util Pct Migr High Mig Pct Low Mig Pct Next Storage Pool

ARCHIVEPOOL DISK DEVCLASS 0 M 0 0 90 70

BACKUPPOOL DISK DEVCLASS 0 M 0 0 90 70

DISKSTGPOOL DISK DEVCLASS 0 M 0 0 90 70

SPACEMGPOOL DISK DEVCLASS 0 M 0 0 90 70

TSMSERVER> define volume DISKSTGPOOL E:\Tsmclientbkp formatsize=102400

ANR2404E DEFINE VOLUME: Volume E:\TSMCLIENTBKP is not available.

TSMSERVER> define volume DISKSTGPOOL E:\Tsmclientbkp\disk1.dsm formatsize=102400

Process number 3 started.

ANR2491I Volume Creation Process starting for E:\TSMCLIENTBKP\DISK1.DSM, Process Id 3.

TSMSERVER> q process

ANR0944E QUERY PROCESS: No active processes found.

TSMSERVER> q volume

Volume Name Storage Pool Name Device Class Name Estimated Capacity Pct Util Volume Status

E:\TSMCLIENTBKP\DISK1.DSM DISKSTGPOOL DISK 100 G 0 On-Line

how should i configure desk base backup pls give proper commands

PREDATAR Control23

You have it all set Storage-wise. Now, you need to update existing/create new policy domain which will contain a copy group with your required retention policy and that the copy destination will point to your new DISKSTGPOOL.

Have a look here: https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSGSG7_7.1.6/srv.reference/r_cmd_domain_define.html
On how to define a policy domain, and use the links on the bottom of the page to define a policy set, management class, copy group, default mgmtclass and activate your policy set.

PREDATAR Control23

thank you for the reply,

i installed baclient on win7 system now how should i configure that disk to client? is there any config need to do

when i configure tape i did this ( this setup is write data in tape using sotrage agent for aix server)

TSMSERVER> register node aix7 aix7@dmin domain= Dir2tape datareadpath=LANFree datawritepath=LANFree maxnummp=10

TSMSERVER> grant authority aix7 classes=node authority=owner node=aix7

TSMSERVER>define server Storagnt_Aix7 serverpassword=aix7stg hladdress=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx lladdress=1500

TSMSERVER>define path Storagnt_Aix7 drv0 srctype=server desttype=drive autodetect=yes library=ts3100 device=/dev/rmt0 online=yes

Now how should i configure client with disk?

PREDATAR Control23

Since you are now using backup to disk, Lan-Free is not relevant to this architecture. The configuration is basically the same: create the node and assign it to the new policy domain you have created, define a schedule or associate the node with an existing one.
The difference is you dont need to define a server and path and you don't need Storage Agent installed on the client server since you are not using Lan-Free.

PREDATAR Control23

thank you for the reply and will update u later