1. Forum Rules (PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ BEFORE POSTING) Click the link to access ADSM.ORG Acceptable Use Policy and forum rules which should be observed when using this website. Violators may be banned from this website. This message will disappear after you have made at least 12 posts. Thank you for your cooperation.

desktop icons

Discussion in 'Command Line Administrator Client' started by vilmureSOS, Jun 3, 2010.

1. vilmureSOS

vilmureSOS New Member

ISS
    I just attended a class on tivoli. In the beginning the instructor had us create 2 icons on the desktop. One was for running commands and the other is for watching the processes. I dont understand how to properly create the bottom icon to watch the processes. Can someone help me.

3. GregE

GregE Senior Member

Console mode...

dsmadmc -console

4. vilmureSOS

vilmureSOS New Member

ISS
    got it

thank you!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous New Member

Do you mean live view of console? Just create a batch file launching dsmadmc.exe with parameters:

"c:\Program Files\Tivoli\TSM\baclient\dsmadmc.exe" -consolemode -id=admin -password=*****

I also added dumping everything into a text file, handy when you want to view it later without getting more stuff appearing on the screen:

-outfile="c:\any_path_here\console.txt"