Deleted storage pool volume accidentally

tmaria

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I have accidentally deleted a storage pool volume (was a tape), from a primary storage pool. The server is TSM ver 6.1.3.1
Reading the manual that means, that data were also deleted from copy storagepool.
What are the consequences of this action?
Will the data that were on the tape, being backup again, on the next backup cycle?

Thank you

Maria

The problem is that you don't know from which nodes' data is stored on the tape.

If this was just recent, you can still recover the tape by restoring the DB backup prior to the deletion. However, any backup done AFTER the previous DB backup and prior to the next backup, will be lost.

If the backup is not important, and the chances of missing deleted files is negligible, you can just wait until the next backup cycle to 'recover' what was on the tape.

Well, the storage pool is collocate by nodes. We have four nodes in this storage pool. Two of them are old nodes that does not exist (and actually we do not care about their backup, let me name them oldnode1 and oldnode2). The other two nodes let me name them newnode1 and newnode2) are active nodes, and we backup their data daily (using incremental backup). I have 3 tapes that are in "filling state" and I query their contents. Two of the tapes that are in "Filling state" , are displayed the contents from newnode1 and newnode2, the third tape from oldnode1. Shall I guess that the tape I delete was in filling state and was the data of the oldnode2 ????

Well, the storage pool is collocate by nodes. We have four nodes in this storage pool. Two of them are old nodes that does not exist (and actually we do not care about their backup, let me name them oldnode1 and oldnode2). The other two nodes let me name them newnode1 and newnode2) are active nodes, and we backup their data daily (using incremental backup). I have 3 tapes that are in "filling state" and I query their contents. Two of the tapes that are in "Filling state" , are displayed the contents from newnode1 and newnode2, the third tape from oldnode1. Shall I guess that the tape I delete was in filling state and was the data of the oldnode2 ????

Most probably since collocation by node is ON.

Back