Delete filesspace with 124,000,000 files - Alternatives?

Status
Not open for further replies.

joshmo

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
PREDATAR Control23

Hi,
Without knowing it one of my TSM nodes now contains so many linked files that expiration and reclaimation are failing to run.
I've identified the fault with the node that was creating these millions of log files and now I want to delete the filespace for this node that contains the 124,000,000 files. (Its just a deployment server so im not worried about deleting it)
My issue is that del filespace has so far taken around 3 days to delete 7,000,000 files. I need to speed this up some how because it is killing the rest of my operations.

As I don't really care about this node's data is there another way to get rid of it?
Can I delete the node directly from the database?

Im stuck between a rock and a hardplace now. Alternatively is it possible to run expiration skipping this problem node. If so I could then I would just leave the del filespace process running in the back ground for the next month or however log it took.

Thanks

PREDATAR Control23

You are stuck with that approach but you don't have to run it 24/7. You can " can proc" the process then run it only after your daily operations are complete.

Status
Not open for further replies.