1. Forum Rules (PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ BEFORE POSTING) Click the link to access ADSM.ORG Acceptable Use Policy and forum rules which should be observed when using this website. Violators may be banned from this website. This message will disappear after you have made at least 12 posts. Thank you for your cooperation.

Deduplication not working with standart volumes ?

Discussion in 'TSM Operation' started by tonny, May 10, 2010.

1. tonny

tonny New Member

Hi tsm´ers

Im installing tsm 6.2 no a new server. Im used to manage a 5.2 server, where i just use regular volumes placed in different storage pools. I have setup spacetriggers for theese storage pools, and it all works very well.

Im trying to figure out how to use the new data deduplication feature in tsm 6.2, but as far as i can read from the documentation this can only be done using removable media ? This means now easy management of volumes and spacetriggers and alot of work with labeling virtual tapes etc etc ?

is there any way to use data deduplication with standart volumes ? and not using file based storage pools.

3. pchapus

pchapus New Member

Storage softwares consultant
    Hi

Deduplication is documented as running only with storage pools defined on a file device class. So the storage pool must be sequential and of a type "file".

Pierre
    http://www.tsmservice.fr