DB2 TDP Backup and redirected restore

jharris

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Is it possible for our DBA's with their DB2 UDB backups to TSM to backup under one node and then at another site, issue via another nodename and DB2 UDB restore of the data ?

Essentially, I want to implement the file client 'asnode' function for the DB2 TDP and setup one nodename proxy access to another node's data.

I've seen some wacky scripts etc. but they all seem to required password prompted and the client node password must be specified. I have a secure production environment and the password for the node is not known as the password option is set to generate (I want to leave it that way) and the DR site needs a regular restore of the production DB2 databases.

Cheers.

If you do not want to disclose the node password the asnode feature is the right way.
Since this functionality is provided by the TSM API it should be transparent for the TDP's. I dont' see any problems - should be straight forward.

Regards.

But asnode will not work if I put it into the db2dsm.opt file will it?

I've found the following information below from this URL: http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoc...?topic=/com.ibm.db2.udb.doc/core/r0001976.htm

The USE TSM OPTIONS keywords can be used to specify the TSM 3 information to use for the restore operation. On Windows platforms, omit the -fromowner option.

db2 restore db sample use TSM options "-fromnode bar -fromowner dmcinnis"

It seems that there is support for a "-fromnode" field ... anyone implemented this and got a redirected restore to work without the need to specify a password?

Back