DB2 Backup Issue - SQL2033N return code 406

c.j.hund

ADSM.ORG Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hello all,

I'm having an issue backing up a database after a full system recovery. The TSM client version I'm using after the rebuild is 6.4.2.1. I'm actually not sure which TSM client was in use before the full recovery. Different client versions could end up being part of the problem I'm having here. Not sure.

When I run my backup I get the following:

db2 backup db FOO online use tsm
SQL2033N An error occurred while accessing TSM during the processing of a

database utility. TSM reason code: "406".

In my dsmerror.log file, I find the following:
'/usr/tivoli/tsm/client/api/bin/ww00adm.opt' could not be found, or it cannot be read.

Neither that directory not that ww00adm.opt file exist on this new rebuilt server (it's a 64bit installation), and the settings in my db2 user's .profile are set correctly:

export DSMI_DIR=/usr/tivoli/tsm/client/api/bin64
export DSMI_CONFIG=/usr/tivoli/tsm/client/api/bin64/dsm.opt

SERVER:/ww00util/ww00adm >echo $DSMI_CONFIG
/usr/tivoli/tsm/client/api/bin64/dsm.opt

Even though those variables are set correctly, the backup is still trying to find a .opt file that doesn't exist. I do not know where it is pulling this setting from. I suspect this ww00adm.opt file was in use prior to the server being rebuilt. To perhaps complicate the issue, the server was renamed when it was rebuilt ... although the TSM node names are the same.

A "db2adult query full" works, however. I'm able to pull up the existing full backups for the FOO database, but I'm not able to start a new backup.

Sincere thanks for any pointers,
C.J.

Similar issue . Can someone explain please .

upload_2017-10-25_15-8-6.png
this is the current error on the db2diag.log

That's a different issue than the original poster, I see you opened another thread for this, so let's leave this one alone.

Back