1. Forum Rules (PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ BEFORE POSTING) Click the link to access ADSM.ORG Acceptable Use Policy and forum rules which should be observed when using this website. Violators may be banned from this website. This message will disappear after you have made at least 12 posts. Thank you for your cooperation.

DB backup run automatic every 50 minute..

Discussion in 'TSM Server' started by r2d2, Feb 10, 2011.

1. r2d2

r2d2 New Member

Hello,

We upgraded one of our TSM servers to 6.2.2.0 (Windows platform), and after we did this the "db backup type=full" runs every 50 minute or more often. Even if there have been no clients connected or not.

This fills up quite a lot of space for us since every DB backup is aproximately 57GB

I know the DB backup operation is an automatic task in 6.1 and newer versions, but I would like to know what is wrong since it run a full backup of the database so often.

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this..

Kind regards
    Roy Torjussen

Last edited: Feb 10, 2011
  3. r2d2

r2d2 New Member

Hello again...

I figured this one out.. The problem was of course that I was blind on both eyes. The problem was that the archive log area was filling up beyond 80%. After this the backup of the db was triggered automatically. I solved this with adjusting the percentage filled in the ARCHLOGUSEDTHRESHOLD above the default of 80 (%). The drive where we keep the archivelogs is a 13,3 TB drive, sop there is alot of space available when it goes beyond the default 80%.

Kind regards
    Roy Torjussen

: backup, database, hour, run