Dateformat

StiffBoard

ADSM.ORG Senior Member
Reaction score
Trying to get an ISO dateformat in logs and so on, no luck. Is it dsm.opt for dateformat? Also in dsmserv.opt?

Thought this would work, but no
define clientopt WINDOWS dateformat 3 SEQ=5 force=yes

Dateformat doesn't seem to be a valid Client Option. But I also found this example from Admin reference to change seq number: update clientopt eng dateformat 0 9

So why can't I define it?

Hard to tell without seeing the error message.

Checked the links before posting...

Running: define clientopt WINDOWS dateformat 3 SEQ=5 force=yes

Gives: DEFINE CLIENTOPT: Invalid option name - DATEFORMAT. Retry using the full optionname.

DATEFORMAT is not an option in CLIENTOPT...

Makes you wonder why this is an example in Admin guide: update clientopt eng dateformat 0 9

Gives: DEFINE CLIENTOPT: Invalid option name - DATEFORMAT. Retry using the full optionname.
Ah, so it's not that it doesn't work as an option for the client, it's that you cannot use in a client option set.
Makes you wonder why this is an example in Admin guide: update clientopt eng dateformat 0 9
It's weird that they use that as an example when it's not in the list of options you can use in a client option set:
https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSGSG7_7.1.4/client/c_opt_setbyserver.html

Ah, so it's not that it doesn't work as an option for the client, it's that you cannot use in a client option set.

It's weird that they use that as an example when it's not in the list of options you can use in a client option set:
https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSGSG7_7.1.4/client/c_opt_setbyserver.html

Sure is weird, I'd prefer if I got yyyy-mm-dd everywhere. But guess I'll have to enter that i dsmserv.opt and in dsm.opt on all my clients manually then?

That's your only option if you want to use that everywhere.

I understand you. I only like that date format too. It just makes more sense, start from largest to smallest. year, month, day, hour, minute, seconds, milliseconds, ... It's a lot easier to manipulate in a text file and sort too, don't need to worry about positions of columns, just sort from the beginning of the line. I wish ISO was used everywhere.

Back