dateformat question for dsmsched.log?

ldmwndletsm

ADSM.ORG Senior Member
Reaction score
This on Linux. Silly question (I know), but just want to be sure I don't make a silly mistake. I want to change the date format for dsmsched.log from MM/DD/YYYY to YYYY-MM-DD (clearer and easier to sort), so I should insert 'dateformat 3' into dsm.opt file from what I read. I tested it manually (-date=3) from command line, and it works like a champ. Same values down to the second, just an easier format to read.

Question: This is only a visual format, right? It will in no way effect backups (taken prior or henceforth) or adversely affect any information stored in the TSM DB, correct?

Our server is using mm/dd/yyyy. They like that format. But that won't matter, right? The only thing I could see is that if I ran a command on the server and wanted to corroborate it against the output of a command run on the client then I might need to translate from one format to the other (no big deal), and when running commands in dsmc sing time, I will need to remember to specify the new format, e.g. pittime, etc.

Thanks. I don't control the time on the backup server. The client logs are now in YYYY-MM-DD ANSI format, and they use UTC -- all good -- but the server uses EDT. When I run dsmc, it reports the client's time in UTC and the server's in EDT, no surprise. Also, the date formats when doing queries are all YYYY-MM-DD, all good, but the times are in EDT, which I'm guessing is because that's what the server uses. Is there a way to have the client display the times in UTC?

I don't believe. Times reported by the server are in the timezone of the server.

Back