• Please help support our sponsors by considering their products and services.
    Our sponsors enable us to serve you with this high-speed Internet connection and fast webservers you are currently using at ADSM.ORG.
    They support this free flow of information and knowledge exchange service at no cost to you.

Please welcome our latest sponsor Tectrade . We can show our appreciation by learning more about Tectrade Solutions
  • Community Tip: Please Give Thanks to Those Sharing Their Knowledge.

If you receive helpful answer on this forum, please show thanks to the poster by clicking "LIKE" link for the answer that you found helpful.

• Community Tip: Forum Rules (PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ BEFORE POSTING)

Click the link above to access ADSM.ORG Acceptable Use Policy and forum rules which should be observed when using this website. Violators may be banned from this website. This notice will disappear after you have made at least 3 posts.

dateformat question for dsmsched.log?

ldmwndletsm

ADSM.ORG Member
This on Linux. Silly question (I know), but just want to be sure I don't make a silly mistake. I want to change the date format for dsmsched.log from MM/DD/YYYY to YYYY-MM-DD (clearer and easier to sort), so I should insert 'dateformat 3' into dsm.opt file from what I read. I tested it manually (-date=3) from command line, and it works like a champ. Same values down to the second, just an easier format to read.

Question: This is only a visual format, right? It will in no way effect backups (taken prior or henceforth) or adversely affect any information stored in the TSM DB, correct?

Our server is using mm/dd/yyyy. They like that format. But that won't matter, right? The only thing I could see is that if I ran a command on the server and wanted to corroborate it against the output of a command run on the client then I might need to translate from one format to the other (no big deal), and when running commands in dsmc sing time, I will need to remember to specify the new format, e.g. pittime, etc.

ldmwndletsm

ADSM.ORG Member
Thanks. I don't control the time on the backup server. The client logs are now in YYYY-MM-DD ANSI format, and they use UTC -- all good -- but the server uses EDT. When I run dsmc, it reports the client's time in UTC and the server's in EDT, no surprise. Also, the date formats when doing queries are all YYYY-MM-DD, all good, but the times are in EDT, which I'm guessing is because that's what the server uses. Is there a way to have the client display the times in UTC?

Advertise at ADSM.ORG

If you are reading this, so are your potential customer. Advertise at ADSM.ORG right now.

UpCloud high performance VPS at $5/month

Get started with $25 in credits on Cloud Servers. You must use link below to receive the credit. Use the promo to get upto 5 month of FREE Linux VPS.

The Spectrum Protect TLA (Three-Letter Acronym): ISP or something else?

• Every product needs a TLA, Let's call it ISP (IBM Spectrum Protect).

Votes: 18 18.4%
  • Keep using TSM for Spectrum Protect.

Votes: 60 61.2%
  • Let's be formal and just say Spectrum Protect

Votes: 12 12.2%
  • Other (please comement)

Votes: 8 8.2%

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agent0810