Database volume not found in current configuration.

influx

Active Newcomer
Reaction score
I'm running a second tsm server. Attempting to restore the db by specifying the volume. I'm able to with "restore db todate=today", but I'm unable to restore it specifying the dbvol. The dbvol is on devicetype file, but I don't think that should matter. Please see output and results. Any ideas?

echo $DSMSERV_DIR
/opt/tivoli/tsm/server/bin

echo $DSMSERV_CONFIG
/opt/tivoli/tsm/server/tsmfedora1/tsmfedora1_dsmserv.opt

$DSMSERV_DIR/dsmserv restore db dbvol=02931674.dbb -preview=yes

ANR4610E Database volume /opt/tivoli/tsm/server/tsmfedora1/02931674.dbb not found in current configuration.

root@fedora1 tsmfedora1]# pwd
/opt/tivoli/tsm/server/tsmfedora1
[root@fedora1 tsmfedora1]# ls *.dbb
02923474.dbb 02931674.dbb

Thanks

I suspect you are getting your parameters mixed up.

dbvol=xxxx is for restoring a single DATABASE volume(eg. you accidentally deleted a db volume)

vol=xxxxx is for restoring an entire DB BACKUP stored in volume xxxxx

BBB,

You were right. I'm now facing another problem. "no device configuration can be used"

Can't figure out why. The device class exists, it's in the devconfig.out, it's in the dsmserv.opt. Any ideas?

$DSMSERV_DIR/dsmserv restore db volumenames=03098210.dbb devclass=TAPE_VT commit=no

ANR7800I DSMSERV generated at 11:05:55 on Nov 8 2007.
ANR7801I Subsystem process ID is 8018.
ANR0900I Processing options file /opt/tivoli/tsm/server/tsmfedora1.
ANR4726I The ICC support module has been loaded.
ANR8200I TCP/IP Version 4 driver ready for connection with clients on port 1500.
ANR0200I Recovery log assigned capacity is 16 megabytes.
ANR0201I Database assigned capacity is 20 megabytes.
ANR1437E No device configuration files could be used.

Its really complaining that it can't find the devconfig file. Check the path and filename you have specified for this in the dsmserv.opt file. Make sure that matches the devconfig file you actually have.

BBB,

Thanks... that is the first place I looked. Here's the twist (I guess). I'm running multiple TSM servers, so of course I need to export the DSMSERV_DIR and the DSMSERV_CONFIG, which I've done. However, it just doesn't seem to find it. I'm not sure what to do at this point.

Double check your dsmserv.opt file's devconfig option and your env vars.

You could always truss it to see where its trying to find the devconfig file:
truss $DSMSERV_DIR/dsmserv restore db etc

Trawl back through the output when it finishes and look for open() or stat() calls.

Back