data won't expire for specific domain

litos79

Active Newcomer
Reaction score
Hi all, I created a new domain named pd_xxx_vmnoad without active data (because i have no space on disk)
Hi moved into this domain 45 nodes but i have this problem:

it seems that data won't expire in primary storage pool and also in copy storage pools:

here the format detailed of policy domain:

Policy Domain Name: PD_xxx_VMNOAD
Activated Policy Set: STANDARD
Activation Date/Time: 05/23/2013 11:33:58
Days Since Activation: <1
Activated Default Mgmt Class: STANDARD
Number of Registered Nodes: 45
Description:
Backup Retention (Grace Period): 15
Archive Retention (Grace Period): 365
Last Update by (administrator): ADMIN
Last Update Date/Time: 05/23/2013 11:33:58
Managing profile:
Changes Pending: No
Active Data Pool List:

I have no idea, anyone could help me ?

Best regards,
Manuel

When you say you created a domain with no active data what do you mean? Do you mean the domain has no active data pool? How did you move the nodes over - by just updating the domain name which each node belongs to? If you did that then the data for each node is still bound to management classes. If these management classes exist in the new domain then they will be rebound with the new retention settings of these classes with the same names. Otherwise, if the management class names do not exist in the new domain the data will be rebound to the default grace retention settings of the domain.

So what data do you think should be expiring, what management classes is that data bound to, and what management classes exist in the new domain?

yes I created a new policy domain whit no active data pool associated.
I moved the nodes into this new policy and moved data of the old primary storage pool to the new primary storage pool with the command move nodedata.
the new domain has a management class named standard (the same name of the management class of the old domain) with the same settings.

The expiration of the data into primary storage pool and into copy storage pool is very slow.

Back