Data Protection for Exchange

amanoux

Newcomer
Reaction score
I'm using Tivoli DP for Microsoft Exchange. When I view all the backups available to be restored they begin with an incremental backup and continue for some time, just showing incrementals everyday, with a full backup not showing up until much later I'm not sure if our backup administrator didn't configure the backups correctly or if the incrementals before the full back up are still valid. Would someone be able to tell me?

TDP was most probably configured for daily incremental and full on the weekend. This is how I do my Exchange backups.

Thanks for the reply.
The problem is that the incrementals go on for months without a full backup showing up.
I'm assuming that all incrementals that occur without a preceding full backup are useless. Correct?

The way it goes is:

Incr-Incr-Incr-...-Incr-Full-Incr-Incr-Incr-...-Incr-Full

The previous incrementals are useless when a Full backup is done. Incrementals after a Full backup are necessary to restore the Data Store environment properly. So your statement is correct.

Review your schedule and make changes accordingly. Follow the M-Sat procedure wherein incrementals are done and a Full backup on Sundays.

Hi,

for full backups your admin has to configue a different schedule and a different script on the exchange server...

regards
/noodles

Back