Data Domain compatibility with TSM

ravi2104

Newcomer
Reaction score
Guys,

I would like to know whether DD boost version 5.6 is compatible with TSM version 6.2.x.x
I someone has compatibility matrix for DD with TSM please share me..

DD Boost DOES NOT work with TSM as there is no API in TSM that leverage DD Boost.

I am using Data Domain with TSM. TSM can use Data Domain, minus the DD Boost part, as devclass=file and VTL for backup (LAN Free or not) if you are replacing a physical library.

The Data Domain is mounted on the TSM server as NFS (Version 3 only) for devclass=file.

DD-NFS shares can be Version 3 or Version 4 . Tested with TSM server with Linux and AIX.

DD-NFS shares can be Version 3 or Version 4 . Tested with TSM server with Linux and AIX.

NFS V4 on Data Domain was introduced around 2017 timeframe. I said NFS V3 only due to some other integrating systems that can only use NFS V3.

If the environment is strictly NFS V4 all the way, then use NFS V4

I have been using DD with TSM for many years, nfs v3, file device class. This technote had some good info https://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21470193

There is an nfs boost client now. It is intended for backups of databases other than Oracle, SQL, DB2, like Mongo or Postgres. I have been told it could also be used for TSM but I have never tested it.

Back