Data Blocks Errors detected, snapshots cancelled???

dreder

Newcomer
Reaction score
I'm getting the following error at completely random times within my FastBack Server Log.

FBSS7553E - "The FastBack Server was disconnected from the FastBack Client machine with IP [X.X.X.X] because data blocks errors were detected. All snapshots on this FastBack Client machine are cancelled.

Backups are not running at the time of error. Antivirus is not scanning the storage pool drives. All storage pools look healthy. All backup Integrity levels remain Consistent.

Running Fastback Server 6.1.2.0.

To make it even stranger I quickly launched a few repository mounts; all snapshots are available, and working properly. Does this error even mean anything at all?

Hi - by 'completely random', by any chance did the client get disconnected from the FastBack Server at these times? Either by a reboot or a network interruption (check Windows event log on client)? I'm guessing that immediately following these errors you see another message in the Server log stating that the client has successfully connected once again (i.e., FBSS1502I)? If not, it might be illuminating to take a look in your FastBack client logfile (e.g. Windows 2003 this would be in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Tivoli\TSM\FastBack\client\) and report anything interesting you see there.

Interesting...I do get another message FBSS1502I immediately following the initial error message, I can't believe I didn't see that before (guess I was too focused on the big red X)...and immediatly prior to the error, I see that the server has disconnected from the client machine FBSS1503I.../facepalm.

On checking all of the server's involved, it appears the fastback client service is stopping and restarting. On further investigation, it seems to be happening immediately following someone logging into the server...which when thinking back...was me attempting a mount.

Looks solved to me...classic case of PEBKAC.

;)

Back