Daily Tape usage query

Dude that file looks like it will be rather useful. Thanks. I am gonna endeavour to learn a scripting language for all this purposes and will post a script to what you want should I figure it out.

Hi,

one possibility to analyse, which sessions causes how many mounts of media is to use the following SQL-query:

select session, count(*) "Number of mounts" from actlog where timestampdiff(8, char(current_timestamp-date_time))<=24 and message like '%mounted%' group by session order by 2

Another recommendation: if you want to include the SQL-query above in a report, which is automatically send to you together with other information like a detailed overview about your nightly usage of drives or a detailed view to the performance of your TSM-Server, you could use the freeware version of the tool "Power Administrator for TSM" (www.tsmpoweradmin.com). There is a "Operational Report" included, which gives you all this possibilities...

Regards, Ralf

friends,

Use the TSM Server 5.5 and also use Access 2003 to perform queries, but I'm not getting this result using SELECT:

select session, count (*) "Number of mounts" from where actlog TIMESTAMPDIFF (8, char (current_timestamp-date_time)) <= 24 and message like '%% mounted' group by session order by 2

Any help?

thankful,
Ramon

You can also try below script if having Tiv0li Reporting ver. 5.4 and above.
SELECT volume_name,devclass_name,stgpool_name,pct_reclaim,pct_utilized,status,access FROM volumes order by pct_reclaim

Back