Create/modify adminsitrative scripts using the Operations Center

daduranp

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I am back to TSM after a year and a half. I am getting familiar with version 7.1 and I am just discovering the new Operations Center (it is an interesting approach after different user interface attempts).

I prefer the command line for my regular admin tasks but creating an administrative script it's a little bit annoying if it has multiple lines. Does anyone know how to create administrative scripts using the Operations Center?

The Operation Center does not yet have all the functionality that the Administration Center had, with each new releases, more features are added.

In the meantime, you can continue to use the command line, or setup the Administration Center 6.3.5, which is compatible with 7.1.x servers.

What I was suspecting :(. I will continue to use patiently the command line to create them, it is not biggie. Thank you marclant for your fast response!

If you have the script on another server, you can use the Q SCRIPT <script_name> Format=Macro
You just have to copy the output from the query into the new server admin console ;)

Not the case Rigido but good advice! Forgot that undocumented option and I needed it some days ago, I guess I am still rusty he he.

A copy and paste is no-go with Opcenter, unfortunately. It doesn't understand line breaks so a script is pasted as a single line of text. I told a local IBM guy responsible for TSM about the problem. All he said was "it's an operator interface, you are not supposed to do any scripting there. Use dsmadmc to create scripts".

No, Rigido meant using admin consoles between two servers to copy/paste admin scripts. I did not know (although its name maybe suggest it) that the Operations Center was operators oriented, and anyway there are many things they cannot do there. I thought it was a Admin Center replacement in a very early stage. :( Anyway I am happy with good old commands.

Yes, daduranp is right about my previous post and I think that the "local IBM guy" is wrong.
That's Operations Center, not Operator Center, and TSM administrators do operations and, sometimes, need a graphical environment to do it.
Right now (it looks like we're living in 2015!!!) TSM doesn't have a real useful graphical MANAGEMENT console, and I know many customers are upset and complying about it...and buy TSMManager :confused:

Back