1. Forum Rules (PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ BEFORE POSTING) Click the link to access ADSM.ORG Acceptable Use Policy and forum rules which should be observed when using this website. Violators may be banned from this website. This message will disappear after you have made at least 12 posts. Thank you for your cooperation.

Console Server for Data Domain DDR

Discussion in 'EMC Data Domain' started by khe78, Jul 9, 2010.

1. khe78

khe78 New Member

Jul 9, 2010
    The DDR has a DB9M console port. Data Domian provides a null modem DB9F-DB9F to use with a serial cable connected to a laptop. HyperTerminal emulating a VT100 can be used to access the console port to administer or configure the DDR.

My question is this: Has anybody connected a console server or terminal server to the DDR's console port so that the console port is reachable via the LAN thru the console server? I know that Digi Corp and Comtrol has serial console servers. I am especially interested in knowing the details of how to connect and use a Digi CM 8/16/32/48 port appliance. What are the Digi CM port settings and which RJ45-to-DB9F adapter used. Thanks, Ken.