Configuring Cleaning Cartridge on Virtual Tape Library

gajidele

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Friends,

I have a Netapp Virtual Tape Library (VTL1400) that was configured with 96 slots, 95 virtual tapes and 1 cleaning tape in Networker. The cleaning cartridge was in slot 96

I configured additional 129 slots and virtual tapes and this is working perfectly except that the cleaning cartridge has disappeared. How do I configure cleaning cartridge in VTL, is it the same way as in physical librarry? e.g. nsrjb -U 20 -S 140?

Do I need to specify the no of usage?

Many thanks in advance.

Well, man. I can't found any special settings for VTL in any guides I have. So I think it's same like on real library.
First, you must inventory your library. Then, you may specify reserved word "default" (nsrjb -U default). In "command reference guide" says: "Specifying default sets the number of times a cleaning cartridge may be used to the value of the default cleanings attribute for the jukebox". And attribute "default cleanings" in turn designates the number of uses assigned to a new cleaning cartridge during an inventory of a jukebox by nsrjb.

Hi,
A VTL does not need a cleaning slot. all you have to do is select no for automatic cleaning when you configure the jukebox. Everything else is similar to configuring a physical Tape Library.

Back