Command Line restore option to replcae all files except skip newer files

sh8827

Active Newcomer
Reaction score
Hi all,

I need to restore and replace about 200 GB of Data using a backup from a few weeks ago to its original location but do NOT replace the files or folders if there are newer. What are the command option. Once again I want to replace all the files and folders but if some of the files or folder are newer on the destination then it must skipped.

Thanks for any help

use REPLACE=NO in your restore command line.

Thanks for the suggestion but it is skipping all files. I need it to replace all the files except for file that were created after 6/7/2012

I also tried with -replace=yes which replaced all the files as expected

Here is the command I use

dsmc restore data:/CMAD/MGR/Competitions/ -pitd=6/7/2012 -pitt=18:00 -replace=no -subdir=yes -tapeprompt=no -verbose

Thanks for your help again

do you have try this:
dsmc restore -ifnewer data:/CMAD/MGR/Competitions/ -pitd=6/7/2012 -pitt=18:00 -replace=no -subdir=yes -tapeprompt=no -verbose
Go to Client Backup Cmd and type help restore ifnewer.
maybe it is a option for you.

Yes I did try with the -ifnewer option but it skipped all the files!!

Thanks for the suggestions

Anybody else. I am sure it is something simple.

dsmc restore -pit=06/07/2012 -subdir=yes /dir/folder/file

This should restore all files before 06/07/2012

Try the last suggested command as shown

dsmc restore data:/CMAD/MGR/Competitions/ -pitd=6/7/2012 -subdir=yes -tapeprompt=no -verbose

And was prompted as shown

Select an appropriate action
1. Replace this object
2. Replace all objects that already exist
3. Skip this object
4. Skip all objects that already exist
A. Abort this operation

Selected 2 as I want to replace all the files

End result was it replaced every files including files that were newer than 06/07/2012

I wish there was an option not to replace those newer files

I need help..

I suppose an ugly approach would be to write a script that crawls through the directory tree looking for last write dates earlier than 6/7/2012, move them elsewhere and then perform the same restore but this time take option 4.

Thanks for the suggestion but it would be too much work. In addition we don't have the space to move them.

Any other suggestions are welcome

Thanks in advance

Back