CLUSTERED SP 8.1.7 configuration

okriss

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Hello!

Could you give me a link or something what can help me to set a clustered SP 8.1.7 environment?
I dont find any docs what is about cluster and the description on the Ibm website is not enough for me.
...or if somebody has experience with the clustered tsm, i will apprecate every advise!

Thank you!

Hello!

Could you give me a link or something what can help me to set a clustered SP 8.1.7 environment?
I dont find any docs what is about cluster and the description on the Ibm website is not enough for me.
...or if somebody has experience with the clustered tsm, i will apprecate every advise!

Thank you!

Here is the link to the Redbook: http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/redbooks/pdfs/sg246679.pdf

Although the above is old, the general rules follow.

Basically, to setup a Clustered TSM server, you need to be very knowledgeable work with Clustered environment. Remember that TSM or SP is an application that resides on top of a host system. TSM does not care what is underneath. All that it needs is to see its environment.

If you are very knowledgeable working with clustered environment, making TSM work on it should be very simple. Things to remember:

- TSM runs on a shared volume/s
- All TSM DB and LOG volumes are running on the shared volumes
- TSM DOES NOT use the host names but uses a virtual name. This means a unique IP address is needed
- Running multiple instances follows the same rules above

The above rules are not unique to TSM. All clustered applications follow the same rules.

Here is the link to the Redbook: http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/redbooks/pdfs/sg246679.pdf

Basically, to setup a Clustered TSM server, you need to be very knowledgeable work with Clustered environment. Remember that TSM or SP is an application that resides on top of a host system. TSM does not care what is underneath. All that it needs is to see its environment.

If you are very knowledgeable working with clustered environment, making TSM work on it should be very simple. Things to remember:

- TSM runs on a shared volume/s
- All TSM DB and LOG volumes are running on the shared volumes
- TSM DOES NOT use the host names but uses a virtual name. This means a unique IP address is needed
- Running multiple instances follows the same rules above

The above rules are not unique to TSM. All clustered applications follow the same rules.

Great! Thank you!
I have experience with WIN cluster, but i did not know if SP needs any special configuration and how i will be able to set the Library for 2 nodes cluster.
I hope i will get the asnwers for my questions!
Thank you!

Back