1. Forum Rules (PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ BEFORE POSTING) Click the link to access ADSM.ORG Acceptable Use Policy and forum rules which should be observed when using this website. Violators may be banned from this website. This message will disappear after you have made at least 12 posts. Thank you for your cooperation.

Cloning tapes from one server to another

Discussion in 'EMC NetWorker' started by 17W, May 31, 2012.

1. 17W

17W New Member

May 31, 2012
    Hello there,

I've got an environment with two separate NetWorker 7.5SP1 (on Server 2003 R1, 32-bit) servers. Each server has its own tape library (HP ESL-series) and also acts as the storage node. I'm trying to figure out a way to clone tapes from one of the NetWorker servers to the other.

Using nsrclone, I can start a tape clone job on either server but it keeps cloning to the clone pool on the same server. I can't figure out whether I can clone from one server to the other. Just for kicks, I tried nsrclone -s <server1> -J <server2> but I end up with a message saying that server1 is "busy".

Any ideas? Is this even possible?

And I apologize if this has been mentioned before - I did a search for "nsrclone" and it only came up with two hits.

Thank you for your time!
  3. 605

605 New Member

Jul 9, 2008
    This will not work as the tapes are unknown for one site. Both SNs must belong to the same data zone (NW server).
: nsrclone