Client scheduler refuses to work

rwhtmv

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
So I have a 6.1.3.5 client on Win2k8 R2 that has a scheduler managed by the CAD. New install of the client. The dsmsched.log does not create, nor does the scheduler checkin with the server. I manually started the scheduler service so I could see that it is not the problem; it created entries in the dsmsched.log stating that it won't start due to being managed by the CAD (as expected.)

I have uninstalled the client and rebooted twice. Used dsmcutil remove /name:"tsm client acceptor" to cleanly remove services, but clean install still has no luck.

Please do not say, "upgrade the client", as that has already been done several times.

01/12/2011 07:59:36 ANS5250E An unexpected error was encountered.
TSM function name : psdiSignalDaemon
TSM function : Unable to open Acknowledgement Mailslot '\\.\mailslot\client', dwRC = '2'.
TSM return code : -1
TSM file : psutagnt.cpp (208)

Is the only odd thing I see in the dsmerror log.

If I've done an uninstall, then use dsmcutil to remove services, then reboot, does it clean up everything I need removed?

64-bit client? Delete the service via dsmutil, uninstall the client and clean the registry is what I do to clear the client of any TSM agent.

we had a similar issue...I believe (as much as I hate to say it) it was the version of the client we were running and we had to down grade to 6.1.0, I'll recheck my notes and shoot you another reply.

We also had an issue with the W2k8 R2 and unintalling and removing residual services....I'll keep you posted.

I have installed the 6.2.2 client version for 64bit (Windows 2008 R2) and get the same problem.
I have reinstall several times (with removing services using the dsmutil and removing registry entires) and nothing seems to solve the problem

ANS5250E An unexpected error was encountered.
TSM function : Unable to open Acknowledgement Mailslot '\\.\mailslot\client', dwRC = '2'.

any ideas?

So I have a 6.1.3.5 client on Win2k8 R2 that has a scheduler managed by the CAD. New install of the client. The dsmsched.log does not create, nor does the scheduler checkin with the server. I manually started the scheduler service so I could see that it is not the problem; it created entries in the dsmsched.log stating that it won't start due to being managed by the CAD (as expected.)

I have uninstalled the client and rebooted twice. Used dsmcutil remove /name:"tsm client acceptor" to cleanly remove services, but clean install still has no luck.

Please do not say, "upgrade the client", as that has already been done several times.

01/12/2011 07:59:36 ANS5250E An unexpected error was encountered.
TSM file : psutagnt.cpp (208)

Is the only odd thing I see in the dsmerror log.

If I've done an uninstall, then use dsmcutil to remove services, then reboot, does it clean up everything I need removed?

For what its worth I get the same error on 6.1.4.0

If teh results were the same when you upraded the TSM Client.
Did we stop all the TSM Client services before we did the upgrade?
If not, delete and redefine the schedule service via the setup wizard with the TSM Client GUI.
If the results are still the same, post the messages around "ANS5250E An unexpected error was encountered." message from the error and schedule log. There may be another message that would provided a hint.

Good Luck,
Sias

From the TSM Client Command Line if we issue some thing like -
dsmc q fi or dsmc q session

What happens?
If the node password had expired, the TSM Client can produce the message that we are seeing.

Good Luck,
Sias

I had the same problem with client v6.2.2.0 on a Windows 7 64bit workstation. The Web Service wouldn't install nor would it ever communicate with the TSM server. After updating the node on the server this still didn't work. I found out that some how the Administrator privileges were not on that particualar node. After registering this node again and activating the administrator privileges and then updated the node again i was able to successfully install the Web Client on the machine.

I had this problem awhile ago and found out from IBM support that the fix is to set the following on the client and server:

CLIENT:
-----------
TCPCLIENTADDRESS xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
TCPCLIENTPORT 1501

SERVER
-----------
upd node XYZ hladdress=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx lladdress=1501

For some reason this fixes the issue with the CAD. http://www.tsmadmin.com/2012/01/tsm-client-scheduler-issue.html

Back