Client retrieving schedules but not executing.

WTFover

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
PREDATAR Control23

Hey everyone, I'm new here and this is my first post as well as my first TSM Experience. I am having a problem with all of my clients except for the client that the TSM server is on. I can perform ad-hock backups and scheduled backups no problem on that one host. Any of the other 8 clients that I have configured seem to go through the configuration steps just fine, the client scheduler goes out and grabs the schedules and that's it. I can query the schedule via the backup/archive command line no problem and it shows me 0 minutes until next execution. I can run backups fine from client gui What gives? Server is version 5.3.1 on Win2k3 and clients are all 5.3 on WIN2k and Win2k3. Can someone point me in the right direction. FWIW I have tried disabling authentication on the server but it did not seem to make a difference.

TIA for any help!

PREDATAR Control23

Hey everyone I figured it out, but I will post it for posterity. The issue was that randomization was set to 25 and the start window was set for 2 hours. I set randomization to 0, restarted the client schedulers and away it went. I used a dsmc -sched to watch the client status.