Client Passwords need updating

rallingham

ADSM.ORG Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
http
I did an upgrade for a customer from TSM V55 to V71 on a new box. All the clients have had issues with the Password and the CAD not starting the scheduler. So I had the customer update all the client OPT, Scheduler and Webclient on the various systems, but we continue to see issues where they are not backing up. I cannot remember the exact message at this point but in the error log it refers to thee CAD not having a registery entry. I should note that all servers are windows based. Some at 2003 some at 2008.
Has anyone else seen a network upgrade to a new machine cause such issues with the client nodes?

It could happen if the servername or nodename was changed, not the hostname.

The password in the registry uses the nodename, the TSM servername (as in q status) in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\IBM\ADSM\CurrentVersion\Nodes. If one of the nodename and/or the servername changes, then it's like the password is not in the registry.

The downside, whatever the reason, the customer will need to go to every machine, start the client and enter the password.

Thanks for the input. That is what I have told the customer. I also told him while he was there to upgrade the client to the most recent version of the BAC that is supported by the OS that he is running. He doesn't seem to want to do that. Says it is too much work.

This is what I see from the DOS prompt:
dsmcutil query /name:"TSM Client Scheduler"
Client Service Type = Client Scheduler Service

Options file = C:\Program Files\Tivoli\TSM\baclient\dsm.opt

TSM Client Node = WCSPP01

Event Logging = YES

Comm Protocol = (value not currently set)

Server = (value not currently set)

Server Port = (value not currently set)

Schedule Log = C:\Program Files\Tivoli\TSM\baclient\dsmsched.log

Error Log = C:\Program Files\Tivoli\TSM\baclient\dsmerror.log

Cluster Enabled = (value not currently set)

Cluster Name = (value not currently set)

Also I see:

Client Service Type = Client Acceptor Service

Partner Service = TSM Remote Client Agent

Cad Schedule Service = (value not currently set)

HTTP Port = 1582

Secure HTTP Port = (value not currently set)

Web Ports = (value not currently set)

Options file = C:\Program Files\Tivoli\TSM\baclient\dsm.opt

TSM Client Node = WCSPP01

Back