Cleint cannot connect to TSM Server

Janice

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
I have 2 aix clients need to connect to TSM Server (also on aix). However, I got error message for one of the aix client when start the TSM client service. Both aix client has same setting on dsm.opt and dsm.sys. Cannot know why failed to connect.

The following is the error message :-

ANS2820E An interrupt has occurred. The current operation will end and the client will shut down.

ANS2050E TSM needs to prompt for the password but cannot prompt because the process is running in the background.

ANS1029E Commnication with the TSM server is lost.

ANS5216E Could not establish a TCP/IP connection with address 'xx.xx.xx.xx:1500'. The TCP/IP error is 'A connection with a remote socket was reset by that socket.' (errno=73(.

I pinged the TSM server and the result is ok. Anyone can give me suggestion ? Have idea where to check these error message ? I cannot found the explaination from the Message Guide Book (SC32-9090-02).

Thanks. :confused:

Hi,

start the client on the foreground (using dsmc), it should ask for the password and if you have "passwordaccess generate" in your dsm.sys, it stores the password and next time your service should run

Hope it helps

Harry

Thank you for ur reply.

I have already set "passwordaccess generate" in dsm.sys. So when login, it will go into tsm prompt directly. That's why I don't know what's wrong it cannot connect to TSM server. It works on other clients.

When i using dsmc login, it login to tsm server or the client only ?

Why i can use dsmc login but failed to start dsmc sche at background?

Do you have idea how and where can check these error message ?

:sad:

are you sure to have specified the right password in dsm Schduler and it targeting the right opt file?

I found out the problem reason. It is because on the client, I am running another TSM. Therefore, on the dsm.sys has more that one server information. I have to specify the server name when use dsmc. If not, it will use the first server informatin on the dsm.sys as default.

dsmc sche -servername=2ndservername

It is ok now.

Thanks everyboby. :lol:

I found out the problem reason. It is because on the client, I am running another TSM. Therefore, on the dsm.sys has more that one server information. I have to specify the server name when use dsmc. If not, it will use the first server informatin on the dsm.sys as default.

dsmc sche -servername=2ndservername

It is ok now.

Thanks everyboby. :lol:
ANS1025E Session rejected when initializing TSM client

c.gif
Technote (troubleshooting) Problem(Abstract)ANS1025E occurs without a prompt to enter a password CauseRUNASSERVICE is set to YES, thus forcing a previous client command process to continue running, and not allowing a new password to be generated. Resolving the problemIn dsm.opt file, two options are set: PASSWORDACCESS GENERATE
RUNASSERVICE YES

While trying to initialize the TSM Client GUI or Command Line, the following error is observed:

• ANS2050E TSM needs to prompt for the password but cannot prompt because the process is running in the background.
    ANS1025E Session rejected: Authentication failure
The most common cause of the ANS1025E/ANS2050E error messages is an incorrect password being supplied to the TSM Server for authentication. The normal process to correct an ANS1025E error message is to reset the password but, in this instance, there is no prompt to enter a password. This is because RUNASSERVICE YES (* see explanation below) is set in the dsm.opt file, and will not allow the password prompt due to a command process already running.

To have the ability to reset the password, set RUNASSERVICE NO and start the TSM Client. This will prompt for the password and regenerate the password in the registry upon successful login.

* The runasservice option forces the client command process to continue running, even if the account that started the client logs off. Use this option with the AT command and the dsmc sched command when you schedule client command batch jobs. The runasservice option is not valid in any options file (dsm.opt or tsmasr.opt).

Recommendation: Use the scheduler service when running Tivoli Storage Manager services unattended. Set runasservice=yes only to schedule Tivoli Storage Manager commands using the Windows AT command. Setting runasservice=yes might interfere with other interactive uses of the Tivoli Storage Manager client.

Note: This problem can also occur when after a tsm client (Solaris) has its hostname changed after its first backup.
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21216057

Back