Clarifications from Client side...

worldissmall

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Im new to TSM, as im assigned a task by my TL, i just need yr guidance, suggestions and ideas pls...

My task is to list out "What are all the possible questions which we need to get clarified from the client side(customer).." The only info which we knw is, in client place dey r running some 20 TSM servers not much more than tat...

I know u ppl will definitely help me out with this... So thanx in advance frenzz... Keep me posted about all the queries which is vital and definitely need to be answered by the client...:)

Maybe you should start with giving us a rough idea what you're on about. Relevant questions to somebody running 20 TSM servers can be anything from "How are you today?" to "What is the average number of seconds for a tape seek in relation to total mount time per volume?" . Obviously your TL (whatever that means - I guessed "Team Leader" but like many or even most people here I suffer from english being only my third language and random abbreviations don't make matters exactly easier) should ask himself whether a TSM newbie is the right assignment for something like that. No offense.

PJ

thanx for reply...

Hi PJ....

first of all thanx for yr reply... hereafter i wont use any abbreviations... As i dont have any kind of exposure in communicating with global clients, i dont have any idea of what are all the queries which i shuld putforth and get answered regarding the client-side environment...

I have an idea about that example : "How frequently do i schedule for full backup whether monthly or weekly...?" but i need much more from you people who r genius in TSM...

I feel yr reply s some what harsh towards me... I am sorry, if i did anything wrong...

I still don't know what your questions are supposed to clarify.
And your example is one of those all time favourites ;) usually answered by tsm users with something like "What!?! Come again..."

PJ

Back