Checking if backup is running

tech88kur

Newcomer
Reaction score
Hi All,
I am new to TSM. I want to know how can one check if the backup is running on the client from the client itself. I think there must be some services that must be running only when backup is running on the client, if yes, what are they or if there is any other way we could check if backup is running on the client. My problem is that since ours is a total cmd line setup I do not see anything running somewhere, there must be a way to find that out. It becomes more important to know in cases where we want to relaunch the backup from client side, for that, first we must be assured that no backup is running already on that client (but I do not know how to do that from client side or even server side).

Regards
tech88kur

Hi,

Talking about Windows machine and networker, we use tasklist |findstr nsr on client side to check the active services, based on the services we understand if backup is running, for eg: if it nsrvadp.exe you would know that a vm backup is running and so on, on server side we can have nsrwatch to check the running sessions. I was looking something similar/analogous to that in TSM.
Hope I am clear.

Regards
tech88kur

Back