check in tapes with required data

okriss

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
PREDATAR Control23

Hi!

I would like to check in some tapes what are containing important datas what i would like to use.

Will tsm server bring this tapes back to the appropriate state and pools after this command?

checkin libvol ts3500 1000l4 search=bulk checklabel=yes

The tapes are still in TSM DB in unavailable status.

Thank you!

PREDATAR Control23

If the status is unavailable then TSM thinks there's something wrong with this tape.

Is is a DR tape or a data tape? If it's a DR tape and it's out of the library I'd expect the status to be VAULT and if it's a data tape (that should be in the library) I'd expect the status to be private.

PREDATAR Control23

If the status is unavailable then TSM thinks there's something wrong with this tape.

Is is a DR tape or a data tape? If it's a DR tape and it's out of the library I'd expect the status to be VAULT and if it's a data tape (that should be in the library) I'd expect the status to be private.

This is data tape. I set it unavailable when i took it out from the active pool. I dont have enough free slot and in this case i have to change tapes.
I will change the status to RW.

PREDATAR Control23

The tape is probably "UNAVAILABLE" because it's....ahem....unavailable.

CHECKIN LIBV TS3500 SEARCH=B status=private checkl=b waittime=0

UPD VOL 1000l4 acc=reado (if you just want to read it)
- or -

UPD VOL 1000l4 acc=readw (if you want to write to it, too)

Will this command chek all of IO(BULK)slot in the library and will check in all of tapes what are in IO?
If i use vollist parameter will it check in only that tapes what i enumerate?

example=
CHECKIN LIBV TS3500 SEARCH=B status=private checkl=b vollist=1000l4,1001l4 waittime=0

PREDATAR Control23

The tape is probably "UNAVAILABLE" because it's....ahem....unavailable.

CHECKIN LIBV TS3500 SEARCH=B status=private checkl=b waittime=0

UPD VOL 1000l4 acc=reado (if you just want to read it)
- or -

UPD VOL 1000l4 acc=readw (if you want to write to it, too)

Working well! Thank you!