Certification Study Guides

Koseelen

Newcomer
Reaction score
Good Day Tivoli Knights

I am new to TSM and the forum .
I need to find out where I can get the latest V6.3 certification guides . I have tried the redbooks , but have come across the V5.3.
Has there been any new updates posted ??

Thanks

Hi Koseelen,

There is no Certification Study Guide for TSM V6.3. My advice is to read through the IBM TSM Concepts Book - most of it is still relevant (excluding the recovery log and database information).
Outside of that, just make sure you're aware of both client-side and server-side deduplication. In addition, be aware of node replication, and TSM DB backups to multiple streams and you should have enough information to pass the 6.3 Administration or Implementation exam.

Cheers

Hi,

I am also looking to sit the 'C2010-590: IBM Tivoli Storage Manager V6.3 Implementation' exam (and pass!). The best documentation I have come across so far is the 'Certification Study Guide Series: Tivoli Storage Manager V6.1':

http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/abstracts/sg247781.html?Open

My experience lies with the day-to-day management and operation of TSM so some of the sample questions, especially around migrating/upgrading from 5.x have me a little worried. Any advice or additional sources of information would be very welcome.

Cheers.

Back