Certification paths

mvdw

Newcomer
Reaction score
Hi,

I have recently started a new job in which my responsibilities include the management of two TSM servers, each with a small tapelibrary. I have plenty of TSM experience in the past (working for IBM) but strictly from the client side, liaising with TSM admins but never actually performing any tasks on the TSM server.

The current TSM admin I am replacing did a pretty good job documenting everything, so keeping things running should not pose a real problem but I would like to become more proficient and certify myself along the way.

If I am correct there are several TSM (6.2) certifications currently available by IBM;
  • IBM Certified Associate - Test 000-532
  • IBM Certified Deployment Professional - Test 000-037
  • IBM Certified Administrator - Test 000-539
But I can't figure out how these relate to each other... is there overlap? Should I pursue all three or should I just focus on Certified Administrator (Test 000-539)? Do I need to take the exams in a certain order (prerequisites)??

In other words, what is the normal certification path?

any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thx.

The Associate test is for Computer Operations folks. The Administrator exam is the one you want to take. This covers the info you should know for day-to-day administration of TSM servers. If you're still feeling frisky after that, look at the Deployment certification (deals with sizing and roll-out of TSM environments).

Unless something has changed since version 5.5, these exams do not overlap.
Thanks, that was the info I was looking for.

hi i am taking ibm 000-255 exam using plusexams.com study guides and you can get latest info about all certification at plusexams.com

Back